The race is part of the UCI global cycling event’s calendar, with over 130 cyclists taking part from all over the world. Set across 4 different stages, it required different set-up’s each day for start and finish positions, covering a distance of approximately 400km.
Ideal Systems was awarded the contract, for all the live content of the races over the 4 days in various locations around Sharjah, both on the ground and in the air. To achieve this Ideal Systems mobilised a setup that included but was not limited to the following:
- Helicopter with cameraman/RF technician and Pilot doing aerial shots of the race using Cineflex camera.
- Motor bikes with cameras and equipped with RF transmitters following cyclists live and taking direction from the director in the OB Van.
- Beach Craft plane equipped with microwave Rx/Tx, linking the Motor bikes and helicopter back to the OB Van’s for video and intercom communications.
- Over 16 x Camera’s placed along each stage capturing mainly start and finish line shots.
- Multiple drones with cameras, covering various stages of the race.
- OB trucks at start and finish lines.
- SNG’s at start and finish lines.
- On-Screen Graphics receiving live updates during the race.
- Over 55 crew members working on the production of the event.
“This event shows how quickly and efficiently Ideal Systems can pull together and successfully deliver complex cutting-edge solutions.” Ayman Khatib, Chief Cheese Ideal Systems Dubai