Participation in the first MEDIAPRO LABS request for proposals has been overwhelming, both in numbers and in quality. Content creators have responded to the call with more than 500 ideas submitted to this laboratory of ideas launched by THE MEDIAPRO STUDIO in December 2018, to identify audiovisual talent with which to associate and produce new suggestions and formats.
Innovative projects, alternative discourse, short fiction, transmedia content, vertical formats and the most unusual, atypical and novel stories come together in this blend of in excess of five hundred projects that make up a real talent pool.
The directors of MEDIAPRO LABS, Javier Calvo, Javier Ambrossi and Maya Maidagan, director of digital content at THE MEDIAPRO STUDIO, have selected the most innovative projects for their creativity, storyline originality and their connection with current issues.
The selected proposals are multi-themed: factual, dramedy, young adult, road movie, medieval sitcom, mockumentary, 80s nostalgia, drag visibility, post-kokes, trap, vertical fiction and the stories that move the digital public told by themselves.
Among the 22 projects chosen, highlights include:
- La luna en tu mirada, (The Moon in Your Eyes) by Tomás Peña: road movie a petty thief-fantasy with a tremendous almost outlawed love affair and nighttime cliffs (antilados nocturnos).
- Shine, by Victoria Martín de la Cova and Nacho Pérez-Pardo (Living Postureo): post-modern sitcom about an it-girl, a business environment and the heartaches of life.
- Código Alfa, (Code Alpha) by Alberto Flores: a tour-de-force through the atypical history of videogames in Spain, from BUP students up to the new generations.
- Indie Odissey, from Juan Carlos Saloz: an intermediary formula between sitcom and non-fiction about entrepreneurial millennials, dreams to chase and programming challenges.
- Tú también fuiste joven, (You Were Young Once Too) by José M. Climent (Fortfast): a portrait of the millennial generation from the perspective of one of the most influential youtubers on the Internet, Fortfast. Love, feminism, politics, future, fortune: worries, opinions and reflections from the youngest members of our society.
- Aventura en tacones, (Adventure in High Heels) by Rubén Errebeene: a drag-themed reality show: challenges and confessions from some of the most high-profile drag Queens in Spain. An initiative to entertain and give visibility to the collective.
- Haciendo amigos, (Making Friends) by Penny Jay and Gakian: video podcast for Instagram with the most delirious current affairs, most outlandish sections and most militant feminism. Uncensored and unhinged.